Monday, July 7, 2008

John Mayer and Friends

Last Saturday I got to go to a concert with a bunch of my friends from college. I found out Thursday night that my roommate's friend had an extra ticket to the Brett Dennan, ColbieCallait, John Mayer concert so I decided at the last minute that I wanted to go.

We had lawn seats so we were pretty far from the stage. But it was fun to sit on blankets in the grass with all of our friends.

It was so fun to be with some good friends and to relax and hang out for a night. However, getting my ticket turned out to be more of a task than I thought. I got the girl's phone number from my roommate and we made plans to meet at the Verizon Wireless center at 5:30. Our group got their early and they waited in line while Debra and I waited at will call to meet the mystery ticket girl. At about 5:35 Mystery Girl texted me and said, "We just left our hotel and we'll be there soon. I'm with a bachelorette party and we're all wearing matching shirts so you won't be able to miss us." Oh gosh. Here I am waiting at this massive arena with thousands of people trying to scope out the bachelorettes with their matching shirts and John Mayer tickets.
Debra and I as we waited for those darn bachelorettes...

The only problem with this whole thing is that the bachelorettes (that's what we called them all night) were from Illinois and didn't realize the stress that goes into the events at the Verizon Center. There is TONS of traffic coming off of I-69, tons of traffic driving into the concert center, parking is mayhem and then on top of all of that you have to walk up to the building and then wait in line again to be let in the gates. Let's just say, we waited for the bachelorettes until 6:45 when I finally decided to buy my own ticket and go in without them. I felt so guilty that I wasn't able to pay Mystery Girl for her ticket but I had to take matters into my own hands. All of my friends were inside, on the lawn, enjoying frozen lemonades and waiting for the show to start while I was trying to find the bachelorettes in the matching shirts. What a mess.
However, to put your mind at ease, it all ended up fine. I got an extra lawn ticket (which was a little overpriced if you ask me) and made it inside to sit with my friends. We had such a good time laughing and taking in the sights and sounds around us. And let me tell you, it was quite the experience.
Just the girls...


Everybody...such a fun group!


I got to see one of my favorite friends from school! I haven't seen Jess since her wedding in May so it was great to catch up, talk about life and laugh together. I definitely needed it!


Some of my good friends, Jess and Blake, the newlyweds.


Brett Dennan was surprisingly good, Colbie didn't disappoint and John Mayer was not only pleasing to my ears but also very hilarious. What started out as a somewhat stressful night turned into a great time with great friends.
All is well that ends well. That's what I always say.

0 comments: