Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Schmidt

On July 23, 2010 one of my greatest dreams came true. I got to marry the most incredible man in the world.
I had been dreaming of this day my entire life and couldn't believe that it was finally coming true for me. I spent so many days wondering if I would ever meet the right man for me or if I would be alone forever. Every time I look at Casey, every time I snuggle up to him, I see God's awesome love and care for me. How did I ever get so lucky?
The whole week before the wedding was full of fun wedding festivities. We got to have all of our family and friends together to celebrate and it was one of the most incredible and humbling experiences of my life. Never again will we get to have all of these people in the same room again. It was so special and we'll remember it forever!

This picture was taken after the rehearsal dinner. All the bridesmaids were hanging out at my house during Casey's bachelor party. My dad got home from the bachelor party and climbed in bed with us. He just say for a while and watched all the girls running around his house, painting our nails, picking out shoes and laughing as we anticipated what would happen the next day. I think poor Dan was a little overwhelmed. This was such a sweet moment.


Here is a picture of all of the bridesmaids from IWU. I have known Libbie my entire life but Jess, Jess, and Debra were friends that I met at college. The three of them made the 7 hour drive from Indianapolis to be a part of the wedding and I am so thankful that they did! I love them dearly and the day would not have been the same without them there.

All of the bridesmaids at the rehearsal dinner.

Showing off our legs...and our shoes (for those of us that were actually wearing them).

This photo is a little blurry but this is Case and I at our rehearsal. We were so excited the whole time, we could hardly stand it. The adrenaline that accompanies such a big event like this is totally overwhelming. We couldn't wait for the next day to come so we could become Mr. and Mrs. Schmidt!
All my bridesmaids got into town and on Wednesday night we had a bachelorette party. Crissa (my maid of honor) and Jennie (my matron of honor) threw such a fun and beautiful party! We laughed, danced and had a great time!

It was such a special week. I couldn't have asked for anything better and I'm so thankful for all of the people that made the trip to Iowa to celebrate with us!

0 comments: