Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Year in Review

Here’s a semi-random list of some highlights (with pictures, for you visual learners out there) from my 2008. It was a year filled with transition, change, excitement, growth and learning beginning with:

  • New Year’s in Florida with Jen.
  • My first kiss (I’m a girl, this is a big deal)
  • My last semester living with my roommate of three years! (I could cry just thinking about it. Love you, Little Debbie!)


  • Start of my final semester of college.
  • Began my ministry internship at Lakeview Wesleyan Church.
  • Job search.
  • Spring Break with my dad (Daytona Bike Week ’08)
  • Fell in love for the first time.
  • Visited Southeast Christian.
  • Offered a job at Fall Creek Wesleyan Church.
  • Offered a job at Southeast Christian.
  • Accepted the job at Fall Creek.
  • Graduation!


  • Drove off the lot in my brand new Scion tc!
  • Stood with my best friends as they married each other.


  • Made the PERMANENT move to the Hoosier State.
  • Started Thursday night dinners with Jess and Deb.
  • Fall Creek Wesleyan Church-my first "real" job.
  • My first broken heart.
  • Started paying rent and buying my own groceries!
  • Made it through my first VBS as a children’s pastor-a HUGE accomplishment!
  • Celebrated my 22nd birthday with two of my best friends!
  • My first official blind date (little did I know it was one of many more to come.)
  • My senior pastor resigned-began a time of transition/growing for our church.
  • Started AWANA at Fall Creek!
  • Another blind date.
  • Thanksgiving ‘08.
  • Yet ANOTHER blind date.
  • Christmas with my family.
  • And ending with New Year’s Eve in Indy with Deb!

This is kind of a lame list but it has been quite the year in my humble little life. I tried to think of the biggest things and include them here. I'm sure if I really sat and thought about it I would come up with a much longer list of things that I learned and ways that God stretched me. I'm anticipating another year of change and growth and I can't wait to see what's around the corner

Here’s to feelin' (and lookin') fine in 2009…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cady! What a year!! That's a great post, and alot to accomplish in one year!!:) We're glad you've been a huge part of our 2008 and soon to be 2009. It seems like we've known you ALOT longer than 9 months! Wow.
We love you and appreciate you and look forward to all that 2009 has in store for us!!
J&D

Emilie M. said...

We <3 you Cady! :)